RSS

February 14, 2010

Love is like seaweed. Even if you have pushed it away, you will not prevent it from coming back.


So I think today was the best Valentine's Day I have ever had. I've given up the bitterness. I've realized it's a waste of time. It solves nothing. Sure, it's frustrating to see everyone getting roses, giant teddy bears, and mountains of chocolate from their boyfriend. But I wanted to make it fun this year. So instead I focused on my family and my friends. My new best friend Keara and I made cards for everyone. We spent hours in Michael's looking for supplies...it was so fun. Then after IWA we had fun being all crafty and girly. I made cards for all of my friends and my family, and I bought treats for everyone. Although we often forget, especially as soon as February comes around, I remembered that there are many different kinds of love. And it truly is wonderful. And when you focus on your friends, you totally forget about yourself. Honestly, this week I don't think it crossed my mind once that I don't have a boyfriend. Because I was thinking about everyone else. Thinking about what candy to get for Bonnee since she's allergic to red dye (which, let me tell you, SEVERELY limits one's options when shopping for Valentine's candy), which colors are Emily's favorite so I could decide how to decorate her card, or what chocolate to get for my mommy. It was SO fun! So every Valentine's Day for the rest of my life will be this over-the-top for everyone I know. Because it's more fun that way.


"Love is being stupid together." -Paul Valery

"Love is shown in your deeds, not in your words." -Jerome Cummings 

"You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back."

"Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence." -Eric Fromm

"In the coldest February, as in every other month in every other year, the best thing to hold on to in this world is each other." -Linda Ellerbee

1 comments:

I'm Lindsey... said...

Mmmm... Love this! :)

Post a Comment

Followers