RSS

November 10, 2009

Best Friends, Popcorn, and Books

It's November! So those are the three things I'm thankful for today.

Best friends: I love Lakshmi Sivaguru to freaking pieces. Ashton Horton is also a wonderful roommate. She sticks up for me when boys are mean and always makes me laugh with text message replies like, "Well, that's strike one for you-know-who."

Popcorn: I finally bought real popcorn today. With butter. And I must say, it was quite a yummy lunch, combined with a Diet Coke from the vending machine. And it's amazing I haven't even gained a pound in college yet. Of course it hasn't been a cake-walk. I just finished my workout, and I decided to do the hill climb on the elliptical. WOW.

Books: I am re-reading "The Time Traveler's Wife". And it's amazing. Here's my favorite part: "It's hard being left behind. I wait for Henry, not knowing where is he, wondering if he's okay. It's hard to be the one who stays. I keep myself busy. Time goes faster that way. I go to sleep alone, and wake up alone. I take walks, I work until I'm tired. I watch the wind play with the trash that's been under the snow all winter. Everything seems simple until you think about it. Why is love intensified by absence?"

1 comments:

Lakshmi said...

I hope you know that I love you to freakin' pieces, too. ;)

Post a Comment

Followers