RSS

October 31, 2010

I read an article the other day about our faults. We all have them. Some of us are just better at acknowledging them and examining them better than others.

And right now, I'm sure thinking a lot about one of my faults. It's a pretty big one. It's gotten me into trouble before. Emotional trouble.

I trust. I can't help it. I trust easily. Despite everything that's happened in my life, I always see the best in people. It takes a lot for me to dislike someone, to find faults in them. Because, unfailingly, I look for the positives. I trust them. I turn a blind eye to everything hurtful, everything questionable. I can't help it. I can't stop trusting.

And I get hurt. Often. Because I let my guard down. Often. I tell someone something, personal, about my past, or about my feelings, and they take advantage of it. They stomp on it. They cut it into tiny pieces and throw it in the dumpster, along with my heart. I don't have time to recover.

But yet I still can't stop. I continue making friends, I continue talking. Sharing. Searching, hoping. I continue loving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers