RSS

December 19, 2009

Hello December!

I know we all said "hello" to December a few weeks ago, and I'm a little late. But...I think it just dawned on me a few days ago that it actually was December.

It truly is the most wonderful time of the year. We finally put the tree up, and we are slowly accumulating more presents underneath. While I am excited to open mine, I am most excited about my presents for the family this year. I cannot wait to see them open everything! It truly is the best part of Christmas. That and the cinnamon rolls my mom makes Christmas morning. Yes, I know, it's always food with me.

I have just been enjoying being at home this past week. My mom works, so I have been doing a lot of the baking while she is at work. Six loaves of pumpkin bread, about six dozen snickerdoodles, fudge, and lots and lots of sugar cookies. I have definitely been busy! But I can't think of a better way to spend my vacation than doing my favorite thing...cooking! Especially baking of any form. I love making food for people (and stealing a little bit of the sugar cookie dough for myself). Now it's on to finish up gift shopping, wrapping, baking (it's fudge and toffee today) and grocery shopping for Christmas dinner...

Merry Christmas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers